- If you tick “Enable Flash Local Security” checkbox in Preferences (which is disabled by default), then every time when a SWF or FLV file on the web or on your local computer will try to access external data, Settings Manager will be invoked where you can specify security settings. Refer here for more information.
- Flash animation does not pause though “Pause” button is clicked. There are several reasons why this may happen:
- SWF file contains Sprite objects, which, actually, perform the animation.
- At the precise frame, the current Flash movie loads external resources that run with their own time sequence.
- ActionScript, located in the frame, triggers certain animation sequences (usually Sprites).
To sum it up, the main reason why the current animation cannot be paused is because some animation is not located on the main timeline. As the result, “Pause” option does not work as expected for such Flash movies.
- If a SWF file contains ActionScript that triggers certain animation sequences (usually Sprites) or jumps to the certain frame, then “Back” and “Rewind” options may work incorrectly.
- Sometimes it is impossible to move forward/backward to the specific frame of a SWF file using the corresponding slider or buttons. When you move forward or backward through a SWF file, Elmedia actually jumps to the next available key frame on the main timeline, but not to the specific inter frame. So, if the frame you want to move to is not a key frame, it will be omitted and the movie will be advanced or moved back to the key frame, neighboring the desired frame.