Elmedia Player What’s New
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.4(1816)
Released: July 02, 2019
- Fixed: an issue with internal browser opening on macOS 10.9-10.11.
- Fixed: application crash while browsing in Youtube when using internal browser.
- Fixed: errors when downloading some videos from YouTube.
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.4(1812)
Released: June 25, 2019
- Improved: GPU and power usage on some Macs.
- Fixed: an issue with video downloading from YouTube.
- Fixed: application crashes when using internal browser.
- Fixed: opening of some videos when using “Open Online Video” option.
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.3(1805)
Released: May 13, 2019
- Added: possibility to pause a file once it is opened in player (“Start playback at a pause” option on the “General” tab).
- Added: possibility to set audio output device from the main menu.
- Improved: when streaming a high quality YouTube video after adding it for playback (“Open Online Video” option), the highest available resolution supported by the receiving device is set.
- Improved: the current position of a playing item as well as the total duration now show up independently of the window size.
- Fixed: keyboard hotkeys and mouse scroll now work correctly when “Show controls in a separate window” option is on.
- Fixed: ID3 tags were not shown for certain MP3 files.
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.2.1(1778)
Released: March 16, 2019
- Improved: updated Flash Player plugin.
- Improved: volume change and rewinding while using TrackPad.
- Fixed: an issue with the incorrect change of a video position while rewinding.
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.2(1765)
Released: March 11, 2019
- Added: support for downloading 2K, 4K, 5K and 8K videos from YouTube.
- Added: support for opening 1K, 2K, 4K, 5K and 8K videos from YouTube with the Open Online Video option.
- Added: Touch Bar support (requirements: MacBook Pro featuring Touch Bar and macOS 10.12.2+).
- Added: support for playing Blu-Ray Disc (BD).
- Added: support for streaming Blu-Ray Disc (BD) over AirPlay/DLNA/Chromecast.
- Added: support for opening MPEG4 files.
- Improved: the possibility to add multiple files or folders to the playlist by following File → Open.
- Improved: file sorting by alphabetical order when several files are added to the playlist.
- Fixed: the accuracy of time seek on the video progress bar.
- Fixed: displaying subtitles that contain combining characters.
- Fixed: Forward/Backward buttons in the browser window.
- Fixed: renaming subtitles downloaded from OpenSubtitles.org.
- Fixed: making a screenshot from the first frame when the series of screenshots are made.
- Fixed: downloading videos from dailymotion.com.
- Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.1(1650)
Released: January 21, 2019
- Fixed: an issue with downloading certain kinds of YouTube videos.
- Fixed: other minor bugs.
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.1(1638)
Released: December 14, 2018
- Fixed: streaming files with several subtitles to Samsung TV over DLNA.
- Fixed: the ability to adjust the volume when playing Flash files.
- Fixed: a crash when opening vimeo.com.
- Fixed: the display of ID3 tags in some languages when playing MP3 files.
- Fixed: an issue when the playback controls could not be displayed when playing a video.
- Improved: German localization.
Elmedia Player for Mac 7.0(1615)
Released: November 28, 2018
- Added: streaming of audio and video files to Chromecast, Smart TV and other DLNA-certified devices.
- Added: streaming settings.
- Added: vastly reworked interface.
- Added: independent interface language settings.
- Added: integrated search for subtitles through OpenSubtitles.org directly from the player.
- Added: an ability to set the background color for subtitles.
- Added: an ability to disable screensaver during the playback, not just in fullscreen mode.
- Improved: the process of preparing a video for streaming.
- Improved: detection of subtitles encoding.
- Improved: the playback adjustments (the playback speed, audio delay, subtitles delay) are now possible through the Playback Settings panel.
- Changed: the “Control playback with media keys” feature is now free.
- Changed: two trial downloads are available in the free version.
- Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.13(1435)
Released: October 5, 2018
- Fixed: disabling of screensaver on macOS Mojave.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.12(1427)
Released: September 25, 2018
- Fixed: a crash when playing certain files.
- Fixed: downloading several videos at a time.
- Other fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.11(1419)
Released: September 13, 2018
- Added: you can now set a preferred opacity of the subtitles text and their border color.
- Improved: seeking, fast forwarding and rewinding are much smoother now.
- Fixed: pixelation when fast-forwarding, rewinding or seeking in a video with hardware acceleration enabled.
- Fixed: a static image display instead of a currently playing video.
- Fixed: an issue with certain kinds of videos downloading.
- Note: Deinterlace video enhancement settings were simplified; image enhancement option was removed.
- Note: New version of Elmedia Player can be installed on the machines that are running Mac OS X 10.9 and higher.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.9(1118)
Released: November 15, 2017
- Added: new menu items for certain functions in the Dock (play, pause, next, previous, mute, repeat, shuffle).
- Added: an ability to adjust the volume with the arrow (↑ ↓) buttons.
- Fixed: the “Disable screensaver while in full-screen mode” option now works only when the file is played.
- Other fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.8.1105
Released: October 27, 2017
- Minor fixes and stability improvements.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.8.1098
Released: July 25, 2017
- Lots of fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!)
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.8(1096)
Released: July 3, 2017
- Added: AppleTV support with tvOS 10.2 when streaming via AirPlay.
- Added: an ability to download files from bandcamp.com and dailymotion.com.
- Added: an ability to adjust the playback speed of the audio files.
- Fixed: processing of the abbreviated YouTube links when using the “Open Online Video” option.
- Fixed: processing of the location-blocked YouTube videos when using the “Open Online Video” option.
- Fixed: an error when downloading a large number of files with the same name.
- Lots of fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!)
Elmedia Player for Mac 18.104.22.1688
Released: March 27, 2017
- Improved: handling various video/audio formats.
- Fixed: focus loss upon switching to the full-screen mode.
- Other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia Player for Mac 22.214.171.1241
Released: February 16, 2017
- Fixed: hiding the mouse cursor in the full screen mode.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.7.1057
Released: February 2, 2017
- Added: support for OS X’s native full screen mode (the Interface tab in Preferences now has a “Full screen mode” option, enabled by default).
- Added: support for VobSub (.sub/.idx) subtitles for videos streamed via AirPlay.
- Added: the Swedish, Korean, Polish and Italian localizations.
- Fixed: downloading and opening of certain YouTube videos.
- Fixed: no image being displayed when streaming certain videos via AirPlay.
- Fixed: streaming of videos with embedded DVD subtitles.
- Fixed: a problem with video playback, where there was sound but no video.
- Fixed: a crash when downloading mp3 files.
- Fixed: minor bugs in the interface.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.6.980
Released: September 8, 2016
- Added: YouTube channels support – PRO version.
- Added: support for subtitles and external sound tracks when streaming to AirPlay-enabled devices – PRO version.
- Added: the ability to set the cache size for online videos (from 1 to 100 MB).
- Added: the ability to disable the plugins in the built-in browser (they are disabled by default).
- Added: a new playlist option – Move After Current – allowing to move the selected items to the position after the one currently playing.
- Added: the hotkeys for cycling through the subtitles, audio tracks, chapters as well as setting up the A-B loop.
- Added: simplified Chinese localization.
- Improved: detection of the available formats on YouTube – PRO version.
- Improved: many more audio and video formats can now be streamed from Elmedia Player via AirPlay – PRO version.
- Improved: the playlist Repeat and Shuffle options now also work when streaming to AirPlay-enabled devices – PRO version.
- Improved: overall stability and performance.
- Fixed: a crash on switching to full-screen mode.
- Fixed: a crash on clearing the download list.
- Fixed: subtitles in Arabic were displayed left-to-right instead of right-to-left.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.5.2912
Released: April 27, 2016
- A recommended update that addresses a critical bug that could lead to random crashes.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.5.1903
Released: April 14, 2016
- Improved: font caching is now optional and can be enabled/disabled in Preferences.
- Fixed: fetching of subtitles from Youtube.
- Fixed: a crash on application exit.
- Fixed: a crash on downloads canceling.
- Fixed: a crash when navigating through the history in the built-in browser.
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.5.876
Released: March 29, 2016
- AirPlay support (content streaming to and from compatible devices) – PRO version;
- chapters support for MKV files;
- the ability to automatically switch to fullscreen mode on playback start;
- the ability to automatically close Elmedia at the end of playback;
- the ability to move forward frame by frame in a video that is currently paused;
- the ability to bookmark the current position in a video for quick access;
- screenshots can now be saved in JPG format – PRO version;
- screenshots can be captured at a predefined time interval (from 0.05 s to 3500 s) and frame by frame – PRO version;
- new localization: Dutch (Netherlands).
- better support of embedded metadata for audio files (cover art, artist, track name, etc.);
- improved touchpad gesture controls (rewinding / fast-forwarding, changing volume);
- the window title bar gets automatically hidden on playback.
- downloading from Vimeo – PRO version;
- automatic discovery of external audio tracks;
- the downloads directory is now created only when it’s needed (i.e. when a download starts).
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.1.788
Released: November 23, 2015
- Added: support for YouTube Mixes (non-stop playlists based on a song or artist) and uploaded lists
- Added: support for Myo armband to manage Elmedia movie controls like play, pause, etc. Myo Connector should be installed on your Mac (https://market.myo.com/app/562a3293e4b0e64588a764d6)
- Improved: video playback on OS X El Capitan (10.11), including anti-aliasing
- Minor interface improvements for better compatibility with OS X El Capitan (10.11)
- Fixed: application crash when opening short YouTube URLs via ‘Open Online Video’ option
- Fixed: application crash when opening large YouTube playlists
- Fixed: issues when downloading and playing videos from channels like Vevo, Ello, and the like
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.0.740
Released: September 21, 2015
- Multiple enhancements for better compatibility with OS X El Capitan (OS X 10.11)
Elmedia Player for Mac 6.0
Released: August 26, 2015
- enable hardware acceleration to improve the quality of video files playback (Preferences → Video)
- specify preferred subtitle language for media with multiple subtitle streams (Preferences → Subtitles)
- open a DVD disk or a video copied from DVD without conversion (File → Open VIDEO_TS)
- assign your Mac monitor to display full screen videos (Preferences → Video)
- set automatic loading of external audios: all tracks with movie name, same name as movie or all tracks in directory (Preferences → Audio)
- specify preferred language for media with multiple audio streams (Preferences → Audio)
- set default sound device (speakers or headphones) – PRO feature
- several new audio options (PRO):
- set number of playback channels for stereo equipment
- enable passthrough for hardware decoders: AC-3 or DTS for surround audio
- enable virtual surround for headphones to combine multiple channels into two for surround audio
- enable virtual speakers for headphones to improve headphone listening experience
- now predefined subtitles formatting and style of .ass files can be ignored so that Elmedia style could be applied to subtitles (Preferences → Subtitles)
- new Aspect Ration value – 16:10
- open videos from vimeo.com and dailymotion.com in Elmedia (File → Open Online Video)
- subtitles downloaded together with YouTube videos are now saved in .srt format – PRO version
- auto-detection and correct naming of video files when browsing via Elmedia
- wrong detection of embedded YouTube videos when browsing via Elmedia
- Added: show playlist in a separate window
- Added: captured screenshots can now be saved either in TIFF, PNG or GIF (Preferences → Capture)
- Added: choose to save captured screenshots either to the same folder where the movie is placed or to set other directory (Preferences → Capture)
- Added: new repeat option – stop after current playlist item (playlist button or Movie → Repeat)
- Improved: browsing history is now available when holding down back or forward button
- Improved: subtitles and audio stream selections are now preserved for the currently playing file
- Improved: the number of active downloads is limited to 5 to avoid low download speed and high traffic load
Elmedia Player for Mac 5.2.623
Released: June 2, 2015
- Added: download YouTube playlists (PRO version)
- Added: suspend/resume a download (PRO version)
- Added: A-B loop to set specific segment of video/audio file and play it back in a loop
- Added: decrease/increase audio delay in case video and audio are not matched
- Added: decrease/increase subtitles delay in case video and subtitles are out of sync
- Added: load the subtitles file automatically (Preferences option)
- Added: open the subtitles file (.srt, .ass, .smil, etc.) manually
- Added: set double-click action in Preferences (Play/Pause, Enter/Exit Fullscreen)
- Added: possibility either to download a file (PRO version) or to open it in browser (via the context menu)
- Added: on-screen display for different events, like pausing, flipping, rotating videos, etc.
- Improved: Retina displays support
- Improved: videos can be downloaded with Folx (via the context menu) to speed up the process (PRO version)
- Improved: when opening YouTube playlist in Elmedia (File → Open URL), all the playlist tracks are automatically added to Elmedia playlist
- Improved: files can be opened and played without adding them to Elmedia playlist. Just uncheck “Automatically add files to playlist on opening” in Preferences.
- Improved: when opening files in Elmedia (File → Open), one can choose whether to add them to playlist
- Much enhanced equalizer: presets were added (Large Hall, Party, etc). Custom presets can be created, too.
- Improved subtitles support:
- subtitles are now visible when opening YouTube video in Elmedia (File → Open URL);
- subtitles (if any) are now downloaded together with YouTube video (PRO version).
Elmedia Player for Mac 5.1.496
Released: February 24, 2015
- Fixed: issue when files from dailymotion.com could not be properly downloaded due to their segmentation
Elmedia Player for Mac 5.1.482
Released: February 17, 2015
- Added: support for Apple Remote
- Added: support for media keys on Mac (F7, F8, F9)
- Added: playlist search
- Added: ten-band equalizer for tone control
- Added: video tuner to adjust brightness, saturation, contrast, etc.
- Added: possibility to change video aspect ratio to make the image fit the screen
- Added: possibility to jump to the beginning/end of the playlist
- Added: playback speed control for the video (increase, decrease, reset to normal)
- Added: possibility to flip, mirror and rotate videos
Elmedia Player for Mac 5.0.381
Released: November 5, 2014
- Update: when running the new Elmedia version for the first time, one will be suggested exporting standard playlists to .m3u format into Documents folder, as well as importing all tracks from Elmedia library into the current playlist
Elmedia Player for Mac 5.0
Released: October 13, 2014
- Added: absolutely new intuitive interface for even easier playback and download
- Added: support for subtitles and multiple audio tracks during video playback
- Added: possibility to quickly play any videos (including YouTube) without opening browser window, if you already have a direct video URL (“Open URL” option)
- Added: possibility to download from YouTube only the sound (MP3), if you don’t need the whole video
- Improved: since now, no plugins are required for correct playback of your movies