Elmedia Player for Mac 7.3(1805)
Released: May 13, 2019
- Added: possibility to pause a file once it is opened in player (“Start playback at a pause” option on the “General” tab).
- Added: possibility to set audio output device from the main menu.
- Improved: when streaming a high quality YouTube video after adding it for playback (“Open Online Video” option), the highest available resolution supported by the receiving device is set.
- Improved: the current position of a playing item as well as the total duration now show up independently of the window size.
- Fixed: keyboard hotkeys and mouse scroll now work correctly when “Show controls in a separate window” option is on.
- Fixed: ID3 tags were not shown for certain MP3 files.
Elmedia 7.2(1765) from the Mac App Store
Released: March 11, 2019
- Added: Touch Bar support (requirements: MacBook Pro featuring Touch Bar and macOS 10.12.2+).
- Added: support for playing Blu-Ray Disc (BD).
- Added: support for streaming Blu-Ray Disc (BD) over AirPlay/DLNA/Chromecast.
- Added: support for opening MPEG4 files.
- Improved: the possibility to add multiple files or folders to the playlist by following File → Open.
- Improved: file sorting by alphabetical order when several files are added to the playlist.
- Fixed: the accuracy of time seek on the video progress bar.
- Fixed: displaying subtitles that contain combining characters.
- Fixed: renaming subtitles downloaded from OpenSubtitles.org.
- Fixed: making a screenshot from the first frame when the series of screenshots are made.
- Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia 7.0(1615) from the Mac App Store
Released: November 28, 2018
- Added: streaming audio and video files to Chromecast, Smart TV and other DLNA-certified devices.
- Added: vastly reworked interface.
- Added: streaming settings.
- Added: independent interface language settings.
- Added: integrated search for subtitles through OpenSubtitles.org directly from the player.
- Added: Flash files playback.
- Added: an ability to set the background color for subtitles.
- Added: an ability to disable screensaver during the playback, not just in fullscreen mode.
- Improved: the process of preparing a video for streaming.
- Improved: detection of subtitles encoding.
- Improved: the playback adjustments (the playback speed, audio delay, subtitles delay) are now possible through the Playback Settings panel.
- Lots of other minor fixes and improvements (thank you for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia 6.10(1413) from the Mac App Store
Released: September 5, 2018
- Added: you can now set a preferred opacity of the subtitles text and their border color.
- Improved: seeking, fast forwarding and rewinding are much smoother now.
- Fixed: pixelation when fast-forwarding, rewinding or seeking in a video with hardware acceleration enabled.
- Fixed: a static image display instead of a currently playing video.
- Note: Deinterlace video enhancement settings were simplified; image enhancement option was removed.
- Note: New version of Elmedia Player can be installed on the machines that are running Mac OS X 10.9 and higher.
Elmedia Video Player 6.8(1096) from the Mac App Store
Released: July 3, 2017
- Added: an ability to adjust the playback speed of the audio files.
- Lots of fixes and improvements (thank you guys for your continued feedback!).
Elmedia Video Player 6.7.1(1061) from the Mac App Store
Released: February 16, 2017
- Fixed: opening videos with the “Open Online Video” option.
- Fixed: hiding the mouse cursor in the full screen mode.
Elmedia Video Player 6.7(1055) from the Mac App Store
Released: February 2, 2017
- Added: support for OS X’s native full screen mode (the Interface tab in Preferences now has a “Full screen mode” option, enabled by default).
- Added: support for VobSub (.sub/.idx) subtitles for videos streamed via AirPlay.
- Added: the Swedish, Korean, Polish and Italian localizations.
- Fixed: no image being displayed when streaming certain videos via AirPlay.
- Fixed: a problem with video playback, where there was sound but no video.
- Fixed: minor bugs in the interface.
Elmedia Video Player 6.6.980 from the Mac App Store
Released: September 8, 2016
- Added: support for subtitles and external sound tracks when streaming to AirPlay-enabled devices – PRO version.
- Added: the ability to set the cache size for online videos (from 1 to 100 MB).
- Added: a new playlist option – Move After Current – allowing to move the selected items to the position after the one currently playing.
- Added: the hotkeys for cycling through the subtitles, audio tracks, chapters as well as setting up the A-B loop.
- Added: simplified Chinese localization.
- Improved: many more audio and video formats can now be streamed from Elmedia Player via AirPlay – PRO version.
- Improved: the playlist Repeat and Shuffle options now also work when streaming to AirPlay-enabled devices – PRO version.
- Improved: overall stability and performance.
- Fixed: a crash on switching to full-screen mode.
- Fixed: subtitles in Arabic were displayed left-to-right instead of right-to-left.