Add a new file to Library
Choose “File” from Main menu –>”Add to Library” option:
This menu option invokes “Open” dialog where you can navigate to the required file. Once selected, this file will be added to Library (to “All tracks” folder and to a folder according to the file format). The file will be started automatically only if “Autoplay files added to Library” option in Preferences is enabled. Otherwise you will have to start it manually:
- Select the file in List and click “Play” button at movie controls panel;
- or right-click the file and choose “Play/Pause” from the context menu;
- or just double-click the file.
To add a file to Library you can also right-click it in the Finder and select “Open With” option, and choose Elmedia Player as an application which will open the file. The file will be opened and added to Library.
You can also drag-n-drop files to Elmedia Player window.
Play files automatically
Enable automatic files playback in “Preferences” (Main menu).
Play a particular playlist
Choose the playlist you need at Library sidebar. Click it, and the playlist will appear in List.
There are two modes of files playback – Repeat and Shuffle:
1. Click “Repeat” button at movie controls panel. It may have one of the three states: “Repeat Off”, “Repeat One” (the current file will be played continuously), “Repeat All” (all files in your playlist will be repeated).
2. Click “Shuffle” button to play playlist items randomly.
Play files on the Web
Enter the required URL into address field. Read here in detail how to watch online and download files.
Rename Library item
Elmedia Player gives you the possibility to rename any item in Library. Click the item name in List, type the required name in the text field. That does not rename the original file, stored on your hard drive. It is recommended not to rename the original file, so that Elmedia Player could trace the required file and play it.
To remove an item from Library, highlight the required item in List and choose “Delete from Library” option from Main menu –> File:
Click “Yes” button. You can delete the file not only from Library, but from your hard drive as well. You will get a warning message where you can choose the required action to be performed:
To remove an item only from Library, click “Keep file(s)”. To remove an item from your hard drive as well, click “Move to Trash”.
There are two ways to locate your files:
- To find out where a file is stored, select the item from List and then choose File –> “Get Info” option, or right-click the file and choose “Get Info” option from the context menu. The path to the file will be shown in the invoked window together with other file info.
- To reveal the file in the Finder, select the item in List and choose File –> “Show in Finder” option, or right-click the file and choose “Show in Finder” option from the context menu.
Search for particular file
Use Search window to find the required items in Library. Type a search query into a text field. Only the items, containing the text you’ve entered, will be left in List. To play the file select it and click button.
Learn how to: