Format tab provides you with access to “Zlib compression” and “Optimize zero objects” options.
- Â Zlib compression enables Flash embedded ZLib compression (arithmetic compression without quality loss), works only in Adobe Flash MX and higher. It means that if you enable it, your movies will require at least Flash Player 6 to be viewed. To enable ZLib compression check the “ZLib compression” checkbox.
- Optimize zero objects option squeezes approximate points, which will be deleted after optimization, to the one.
- Zero points optimization looks for zero-points in a Flash movie and truncates their description in case it is not crucial for the movie.
- Zero points in font optimization looks for zero-points in fonts and truncates their description in case it is not crucial for the movie. Optimization algorithm is fairy similar to zero points optimization for a custom shape (described above) but applied to fonts objects.
- Shapes styles optimization. Shapes contain information about styles (lines, filling etc.) of painting. If several shapes have same styles, redundant ones can be safely removed. However, some problems may occur in ActionScripts.