Toolbar provides quick access to most common tasks and commands and has the following options:
- Add items
This option has three menu items and is the analog of “File” -> “Add items” menu option:
- Add selected (default)Add files selected in “File and Folders” panel to Hide List.
- Add foldersAdd folders selected in “File and Folders” panel to Hide List. All files and subdirectories located within selected folders will be added too.
- Add maskAdd mask will launch “Add mask” dialog where you may type in the mask (a sequence of special characters) to specify multiple files/folders whose names are matched against mask’s pattern.
- Add predefined
These options allow hiding common Windows folders and is the analog of “File” -> “Add predefined” menu option
- My DocumentsAdd files located in “My Documents” for current user (“C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Documents\”).
- CookiesAdd files located in “Cookies” folder for current user (“C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Cookies\”).
- Desktop contentAdd items in “Desktop” folder for current user (“C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Desktop\”).
- Windows FavoritesAdd items located in “Favorites” folder for current user (“C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Favorites\”).
- Start menuAdd items located in “Start Menu” folder for current user (“C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Start Menu\”).
- Clear listRemove all files from Task list panel. This action is the analog of “File” -> “Clear list” menu option
This menu item lets you set/change a password which will be requested at program start. In order to change the password you have to provide old password. By default the password is not set.
“Safe mode activity” checkbox allows you to modify Hide My Folders behavior in Windows Safe Mode. By default, Hide My Folders doesn’t work in Safe Mode and all files are visible. In order to enable hiding, please check this box.
“Explorer’s content menu” checkbox, if enabled, adds “Hide with Hide My Folders” context menu item in order to quickly hide files and folders directly from Windows Explorer:
Please, note that this menu option will be available for current user account only. That means that your accounts won’t see it.
In advance, you may uninstall Hide My Folders from here. For better security, you should provide password to uninstall this program.
“Preferences” button’s behavior is similar to “File” -> “Preferences” menu option.
- Enabling hidingTurn on hiding process globally. Please, note it doesn’t affect visibility status in Hide List. This action is similar to “File” -> “Enable hiding” menu option. menu option.
- Disable hidingTurn off hiding process globally. After disabling hiding process, all files and folders become visible. Please, note it doesn’t affect visibility status in Hide List. This action is similar to “File” -> “Disable hiding” menu option.
“Help” button provide access to help information. This option is similar to “File” -> “Help” menu option and has the following submenu items:
- User ManualLaunch user manual.
- HomepageVisit “Hide My Folders” homepage (requires Internet connection).
- Enter registration codeEnter registration code if you have bought license version.
- AboutGet brief information about “Hide My Folders” (version/registration info etc.)
- Add quick maskCombo box where you may add quick mask to match multiple files with certain pattern from a list of previously typed quick masks (up to 10 items)
- Hiding engine statusAn indicator displaying global hiding engine switch status. Possible values are: “Hiding is enabled” and “Hiding is disabled”.