Windows Registry is the centralized configuration database that holds system variables, installed applications’ data, user preferences, hardware device configuration and lots more. In a sense, the Registry is a cornerstone of Windows operating system and, de facto, is present in all Windows operating systems (however, the structure, storing system and management may differ). Whenever the program developer considers to store own application’s settings and options, he turns his attention to the Registry which is a natural container for this kind of data. Despite of the fact that Microsoft provides Windows API functions to create, open, delete and modify Registry keys and values it is not a simple task, especially for Visual Basic and ASP.
Based on the standard API, Manage Registry ActiveX Control offers convenient set of methods and properties to access the Registry and perform all necessary operations (create, open, edit, delete, etc.) over various types of data. There is no need to drill the low-level Windows API functions: Manage Registry ActiveX provides simple functions (CreateKey, OpenKey, GetValue, SetValue and so on) that any level developers can easily handle, extend and implement into any applications. To help Visual Basic and ASP.Net developers, Manage Registry ActiveX provides additional methods to handle VARIANT and BYTES data types.
Manage Registry ActiveX is bundled with examples for various development environments to help anyone get started with this component.
- Simple and flexible set of methods (OpenKey, CreateKey, DeleteKey, GetValue)
- Wide selection of supported events (IsOpened, IsCreated, RootKey, ValueCounter)
- Complete methods to handle String, Integer, Boolean, Expanded String, Byte, Variant types of data
- Convenient set of methods designed for Microsoft Visual Basic and ASP (GetExpandString, GetBinaryDataVariant)
- Examples for Microsoft VC++ 6, Microsoft VC++ .NET, Microsoft VB 6, Microsoft VB .NET, Borland Delphi 7, Borland C++ Builder 6 included
Manage Registry ActiveX Component is compatible with:
- Microsoft Windows 95, 98, Me, NT4, 2000, XP, 2003, Vista and 64-bit operating systems
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5-7
- Microsoft Visual C++ 5-7
- Inprise/Borland Delphi 3-7
- Inprise/Borland C++ Builder 3-6
- .NET technology