Serial Port Monitor ActiveX is a powerful and unique ActiveX Control that can be easily embedded into your application to sniff (fully monitor) any serial port in a system. This component offers a wide range of events, properties and methods to check the state of the serial port, intercept all signal line events (Ring, RTS, DCD, DTR, RTS, etc.) and control functions (Handflow, Baudrate, Timeouts). Additionally, it provides low-level access to serial port via standard IRP major functions and IOCTL requests.
Serial Port Monitor ActiveX Control will help you detect all serial port activity in your system, determine all applications that work with serial port as well as control serial port directly within your application (open/close serial port) without being detected. This versatile component can be easily extended with your own functionality, delivering new creative opportunities to serial port application development.
What is it useful for?
Serial Port Monitor ActiveX can be used for:
- debugging applications that work with serial port
- serial port monitoring applications development
- development of system utilities to intercept communication data from COM ports for further analysis
- Low-level serial port access (IRP functions and IOCTRL requests) is provided
- All signal line (DTR, DSR, RTS, etc.) events are supported
- All serial port configuration (LineControl, FlowControl, Timeouts, Baudrate, etc.) events are supported
- Sniffing can be started/stopped even if the serial port was opened by other application
- Read/write serial port data events are available
- Unique OnOpenClose event that defines whether the serial port is opened or not
- Possibility to detect the application name that opened/closed serial port
- Examples for Borland/Inprise Delphi, C++ Builder 6.0, Microsoft VC++ 6.0, Microsoft Visual Basic 6.0, Visual Basic.Net, Visual Studio C# and Visual C.Net included
- Multi-threading is supported
- Fully compatible with 32-bit and 64-bit platforms
- No reboot required during installation and implementation
The Serial Port Monitor component is compatible with:
- Microsoft Windows 2000, XP, 2003 and all 64-bit operating systems
- Microsoft Visual Basic 5-7
- Microsoft Visual C++ 5-7
- Inprise/Borland Delphi 3-7
- Inprise/Borland C++ Builder 3-6
- .NET technology
Serial Port Monitor Demo version limitations:
You will receive “This is Demo version” nag screen after every 100 IRP packets received and on serial port opening.