To crop the resulting SWF/FLV movie file please follow the steps below:
1. Launch SWF Video Converter if it is not already started.
2. Click “Browse” button which is located next to “Source Video file” option in Source/Target Files panel and select the required video file in “Open file” dialog. Please, be patient while the file is loaded: large movies may take some time to be loaded into preview window. Once the movie file is successfully loaded, you will see that File Details pane is filled with corresponding data, Activity log notifies that source file is loaded and Start Conversion button is activated.
3. Optionally, you may change the default file name of the target file (which is the same as the name of the original file but has a different extension) by clicking “Browse” button which is located next to the “Target file” option in Source/Target Files panel. Please, note that file extension depends on the “Output format” option you set in Output options tab and could be either SWF or FLV.
4. Enable “Crop source video” checkbox in Video options tab of the Configuration panel. Once the option is enabled, you may see yellow clippers in the Preview Window that outline the resulting movie frame. You may change movie proportions, frame size and remove unwanted area by moving around cropping area with the same ease as you do it with any window object in Windows OS.
5. Optionally, you may modify conversion settings in Configuration options panel to achieve satisfactory quality of the resulting Flash movie.
6. Click Start Conversion button to start the conversion process. You may check Activity log to be aware of any possible problems or conversion progress. In case you want to stop conversion process, please, click Stop Conversions button in the program Toolbar. If you have enabled “Open the resulting SWF/HTML automatically when the conversion is over” option in Configuration options panel, the resulting file will be automatically opened with the associated application when the conversion process is successfully finished.
2. How to resize
To resize the resulting SWF/FLV movie file please follow the steps below:
- Launch SWF Video Converter if it is not already started.
- Tick a checkbox “Resize source video”
- Press “Set new size” button
- Resize the image either dragging it by the mouse pointer, or using “Width” and “Height” controls.
- Tick a checkbox “Constraint proportions” for proportional resize.
- Choose one of the smoothing methods: Box, Cosine etc
- To delete all changes press “Reset options”
- Press “Apply” button to save the changes
- The changes saved, new proportions will be shown to the right of “Set new size” button: new size: 000 x 000
Note: To resize the movie you must have it loaded into preview window.