Important: sync with Online Backup Account becomes unavailable since SyncMate version 4.x. Starting from this version Online storage can no longer be added as a new sync connection.
If you have upgraded from SyncMate version 3.x, it is strongly recommended to make backup of all data stored there (find your Online Backup Account in available connections list area). You won’t be able to connect to online storage anymore via Device connection wizard once you delete this connection.
Online Backup Storage permits you to backup your Mac’s data, so you don’t have to worry about information loss.
You can also encrypt data stored in your Online Backup account, thus making sure that nobody but you can decrypt and use this data. Refer to "Data encryption" plugin for details.
To establish connection with your Online Backup account, do the following:
1. Click button, and "Device connection Wizard" will be invoked.
2. Select "Online Backup" connection:
3. If you do not have an account yet, click "New online account" button:
4. "New online account" window will be invoked:
5. Enter your email, set and confirm password in the corresponding text fields, and click "Register" button.
6. Confirmation code will be sent to your email. Enter it in the following text field:
7. Click "Confirm registration" button to finish the registration. "Resend registration code" button is used to send confirmation code one more time on your email.
8. Once the registration procedure is over, enter your login (your email address) and password and click "Continue" button:
9. Now your Online Backup account will be displayed in "Devices list" area. So, you are ready to backup:
If you have forgotten or lost your password, follow the instructions below:
- In "Device connection Wizard" click "Recover lost password" button:
- In the invoked window enter email address which you used during the registration and click "Send password" button. Your password will be sent to your email address.
- Lost password can be also requested from "Connection settings" plugin. Just click "Recover lost password" button and repeat the steps described above.