SyncMate lets you synchronize various types of data on your Mac (e.g. Address Book, iCal, Safari bookmarks, etc.) with other Macs via Wi-Fi or Ethernet.
To connect your Mac to another one, please, follow these instructions:
1. The first thing you should do is configure Incoming connections settings for Mac you are going to sync with (the secondary Mac).
2. Add the connection on Mac, on which you are going to initiate syncing (the main Mac). Click "Add connection" button , which is located in the upper right corner of the main screen, and "Device connection Wizard" will be invoked.
Choose "Another Mac" connection:
3. Choose a Mac to connect to from the drop-down list:
Thanks to Bonjour support, SyncMate automatically locates on a local network and displays the list of other Macs you can connect to (Macs with SyncMate installed, which are online). So, you do not have to enter manually the name/IP address/DNS name of the remote Mac.
Still, if you want to, you can choose "Add a Mac manually" option from the drop-down list and enter the required info manually:
4. If the remote Mac, you are trying to connect to, requests password, enter this password into the corresponding text field.
Find out how to enable password protection to secure the connection among Macs in this section:
5. Click "Continue" button. The Mac will appear in "Devices list" area.
6. Now you can configure some connection settings for the remote Mac (the secondary Mac).
- To connect successfully your Mac to another Mac, make sure that:
– SyncMate is installed on all Macs you are going to sync with.
– Remote Mac is online and "Incoming connections" plugin is enabled in SyncMate.
– The remote side has real IP-address. That means it must be accessible from the Internet disregarding whether remote IP-address is static or dynamic.
- The sync process must be initiated on one Mac only. There is no need to press "Sync now" button on your second (connected) Mac. Pressing "Sync now" button on the first Mac means that sync process will be performed on both Macs.
The following sync options are available: