GetAccessMask method gets access mask according to its position.
BOOL GetAccessMask ( LONG Pos BSTR*Mask VARIANT_BOOL Access );
- Pos : Mask position in list. Starts from 0.
- Mask : String. Can contain wildcard characters.
|* (asterisk)||Matches zero or more characters|
|? (question mark)||Matches a single character|
|DOS_DOT||Matches either a period or zero characters beyond the name string|
|DOS_QM||Matches any single character or, upon encountering a period or end of name string, advances the expression to the end of the set of contiguous DOS_QMs|
|DOS_STAR||Matches zero or more characters until encountering and matching the final . in the name|
- Access : Grant/deny access (TRUE/FALSE)
Return Values : If the function succeeds, the return value is TRUE, otherwise the return value is FALSE.
- Access rights check is running in ascending order up to first mask match. Once the match is found according to Access status, VSP AX grants or denies port access to application. The rest of masks will not be checked.
- Access is granted to all applications by default.
- After using Mask string, you should execute SysFreeString command for languages, which are not using automatic memory release (VB 6 for example).
- This method is available starting from Windows 2000 only.