The InsertAccessMask method inserts new access mask to position.
BOOL InsertAccessMask( BSTR Mask, BOOL Access, LONG Poss, );
- Mask : String. Can contain wildcard characters.
Wildcard Character Meaning* (asterisk) Matches zero or more characters? (question mark) Matches a single characterDOS_DOT Matches either a period or zero characters beyond the name stringDOS_QM Matches any single character or, upon encountering a period or end of name string, advances the expression to the end of the set of contiguous DOS_QMsDOS_STAR Matches zero or more characters until encountering and matching the final . in the name
- Access : Grant/deny access (TRUE/FALSE)
- Pos : Mask position in list. Starts from 0.
Return Values : If the function succeeds, the return value is TRUE, otherwise the return value is FALSE.
- Access rights check is running in ascending order up to first mask match. Once the match is found according to Access status, VSP AX grants or denies port access to application. The rest of masks will not be checked.
- Access is granted to all applications by default.
- This method is available starting from Windows 2000 only.