The SetChars method sets the special characters, which are used for handshake flow control.
BOOL SetChars( CHAR EofChar, CHAR ErrorChar, CHAR BreakChar, CHAR EventChar, CHAR XOnChar, CHAR XOffChar );
- EofChar [out] : Value of the character used to signal the end of data.
- ErrorChar [out] : Value of the character used to replace bytes received with a parity error.
- BreakChar [out] : Value of the character used to signal break event.
- EventChar [out] : Value of the character used to signal an event.
- XOnChar [out] : Value of the XON character for both transmission and reception.
- XOffChar [out] : Value of the XOFF character for both transmission and reception.
Return Values : If the function succeeds, the return value is TRUE, otherwise the return value is FALSE.
- This method is available starting from Windows 2000 only.
- These port settings are actual untill they are not changed by VSP AX or application, which opened virtual serial port. If these settings are changed, you get a corresponding message (in that case OnChars event). Be carefull, when you are changing this parameter from VSP AX in event body, as you might get into an endless loop.