The SetLineControl method sets the line control register (LCR). The line control register controls the data size, the number of stop bits, and the parity.
BOOL SetLineControl( LONG StopBits, // Stop Bits LONG Parity, // Parity LONG WordLength // Data Bits );
- StopBits [out] : Number of stop bits to be used. This member can be one of the following values:
Value Meaning 0 1 stop bit 1 1.5 stop bits 2 2 stop bits
- Parity [out] : Parity scheme to be used. This member can be one of the following values:
Value Meaning 0 No parity 1 Odd 2 Even 3 Mark 4 Space
- WordLength [out] : Number of bits in the bytes transmitted and received.
Return Values : If the function succeeds, the return value is TRUE, otherwise the return value is FALSE.
- This method is available starting from Windows 2000 only.
- These port settings are actual untill they are not changed by VSP AX or application, which opened virtual serial port. If these settings are changed, you get a corresponding message (in that case OnLineControl event). Be carefull, when you are changing this parameter from VSP AX in event body, as you might get into an endless loop.