The installation directory of Virtual Serial Port ActiveX on your development machine contains the following subdirectories with a virtual serial port driver for different operating systems:
- NT5 – for Windows 2000 and 32-bit Windows XP and 2003;
- NT5x64 – for 64-bit Windows XP and 2003;
- NT6 – for 32-bit Windows Vista, Server 2008, Windows 7, 8 and 10;
- NT6x64 – for 64-bit Windows Vista, Server 2008, Server 2012, Windows 7, 8 and 10.
Note: You need to own an OEM license to be able to redistribute Virtual Serial Port ActiveX without any limitations. Only the OEM License grants commercial royalty-free redistribution rights.
In order to install the driver on a target system, do the following:
1. For automatic installation, copy to the target system the drivers for all platforms (i.e. all directories from NT4 through NT6x64) as well as vspdxp_install.exe. Then run vspdxp_install.exe to let it automatically detect the OS and install the appropriate driver.
When required, you can uninstall the driver installed this way by running vspdxp_install.exe /u.
2. For manual installation on a specific platform, copy only the directory that corresponds to your system (e.g. NT5 for Windows XP or NT6x64 for Windows 7 64-bit) and run vsbsetup.exe inside it.
When required, you can uninstall the driver installed this way by running vsbsetup.exe /u.