Please note that the first connection should be established via USB in order to install SyncMate driver on the mobile device. SyncMate driver installation procedure is automatic and normally driver installation window will pop up on your mobile device as soon as you attach it to your Mac. All that you need to do is to click “Yes” at your mobile device to complete the installation. If it doesn’t happen please check the following:
1) One of the possible reasons for connection failure is that Mac firewall blocks the connection or PDA firewall blocks driver installation. On Mac, try this: System Preferences -> Security/Sharing (Internet and Network)-> Firewall -> Allow All Incoming Connections.
I understand that setting your firewall to Allow all incoming connections is scary, but the fact is (confirmed by our testers and multiple clients reports) that Mac firewall’s behavior is somewhat strange.
Still, you can try to temporary allow all connections to make sure that the problem is caused by the firewall.
2) If you are using Windows Mobile 6, we recommend to enable “Advanced network functionality“. To do this, on your device go to: Start -> Settings -> Connections -> USB to PC.
3) Please, switch your mobile to a device mode. As you perhaps know the mobile phone can be detected by Mac in two modes: as a drive with folders or as a device (available for syncing). The mode which is to be enabled is called RNDIS or Active Sync Mode (differs depending on the device model).
4) Start > Program > Active Sync > Menu > Connections > check box “Sync all PCs using this connection” > drop down list USB.
5) Please follow System Preferences -> Sharing -> Internet Sharing. If “USB Ethernet (en1)” or “Win mobile device” option is enabled please uncheck it. Then restart your Mac.
6) Perhaps the access to your mobile device is password protected. Please check it.
If the problem persists please send SyncMate Activity log for investigation to: firstname.lastname@example.org
To find SyncMate Activity log please follow: Plugins -> Other Plugins -> Activity log