RS232 Data Logger by Eltima Software is an Open Source application (shipped under an open source license to study, change, and improve its design) which allows you to redirect all communication data from RS232 compliant serial port device into a text file for further analysis. RS232 Data Logger redirects data from any available serial port (doesn’t matter whether it is virtual or real one) and works under Virtual Machine (VMWare). You can gather data from multiple serial ports simultaneously.
What is RS232 Data Logger useful for?
All data recorded as a text can be further analyzed. For instance, you may parse global positioning data (coordinates) from GPS device connected to your notebook via serial port to track your movement; or you may simply investigate and learn how serial ports work.
This application is licensed under as Open Source Software and is absolutely free!
- redirect incoming data stream into a text file form any number of serial ports simultaneously
- select the file to redirect incoming data to for each port
- real-time counter of the received and stored bytes
- collect data from the real serial ports as well as from virtual ones
- disable/enable logging on-the-fly
- append incoming data to already existing file
- specify serial port connection parameters (baudrate, parity, stop bits, flow control, databits)
- source code is provided (MFC/C++ VC7.1)
- works under Virtual Machines