1. The installation of a redirection server is done by standard means on a corresponding platform.
To install fredd3 on RPM-based platforms, run the following command:
(the command is executed from the directory with the new RPM package)
sudo yum install fredd3-****.x86_64.rpm
2. Make sure the daemon is successfully installed:
sudo systemctl status fredd3
The output example:
fredd3.service - FlexiHub Redirector Daemon Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/fredd3.service; disabled) Active: active (running) since Fri 2017-09-15 13:12:29 EEST; 3min 38s ago …
Note: If ‘disabled’ is displayed at the end of the second line:
Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/fredd3.service; disabled)
you will need to run the command to enable the autostart of the redirection server upon reboot:
sudo systemctl enable fredd3
Configuring a redirection server.
1. Place the provided configuration file fredd3.conf at the /etc directory. If the directory already contains same file, replace it.
2. Run the following command to get the certificate:
sudo /opt/Eltima/fredd3/bin/fredd --getcert
Your redirection server should make a request at the address https://flexihub.eltima.com:8063
3. Reboot your redirection server:
sudo systemctl stop fredd3 sudo systemctl start fredd3
As a result, it should become connected to the FlexiHub central server (flexihub.eltima.com:9063).
Configuring the firewall.
To configure the firewall on a computer with the redirection server:
1. Allow the outgoing connections for the program /opt/Eltima/fredd3/bin/fredd to flexihub.eltima.com and ports: 8063 (HTTPS) and 9063 (TCP / SSL).
2. Allow the incoming connections to the TCP port specified in the configuration file (see above) and the TCP port you specified when requesting fredd3.conf.
The list of ports used by FlexiHub v.3.0:
Port Type Sides of connection
12063, 12064 TCP / SSL client computers (to the central server)
8063 HTTPS client computers, redirection server (to the central server)
9063 TCP / SSL redirection server (to the central server)
5018 TCP / SSL client computers (to the redirection server)
5002 UDP client computers (to eipd)