To invoke the configuration dialog, go to “Session -> Preferences” or press CTRL+P.
- Customize the way each of the views is displayed
Expand “Windows” entry at the left pane if it is not expanded, and select the visualizer you would like to customize. Select the entry type you would like to customize, and either double-click it, or click “Change” button to set new color.
In addition, you can specify which columns should be displayed in Table view. “Function” column is selected by default. To select all columns, click “Select all” button.
- Customize timestamp format
You can set event timestamp that suits you. There are several options:
- Actual time and date. Timestamp will be represented as DD/MM/YYYY hh:mm:ss.
- Time only. Timestamp will be represented as hh:mm:ss:mss.
- Since session start. Represents timestamp intervals between current session start and now. Timestamp will be represented as hh:mm:ss:mss.
- Interval since the last record. Represents timestamp intervals between IRPs. Timestamp will be represented as hh:mm:ss:mss.
- Customize transmitted data representation
This option allows setting maximum length of the dump string displayed and change scale of notation.
- Send dialog
You can adjust Send Dialog options here. You can specify whether you would like to send hexadecimal characters along with text string in Send dialog panel (“String” radio-button option) and define the commands history size. If you select “Disable”, you can send text data only. To send “#0A” (10 in hexadecimal representation which stands for Line Feed control character) and “#0D” (13 in hexadecimal representation which stands for Carriage Return character) only, enable”#0A and #0D only” option.
“Full mixed mode” option allows sending both text and hexadecimal data (could be useful if you send control characters with communication data). Besides, you can add data before packet to transmit, after packet to transmit or select them both.
You can send the same symbols and string data faster by using aliases. To use this feature, invent a name of an alias, enter command you want to be hidden by this alias and press Add button. Now you can enter the name of the alias in send toolbox in the main window, and requested commands will be sent.