Serial Port Monitor 8.0 [Build 8.0.388]
Released: July 8, 2020
- Improved: overall performance and stability.
- Improved: support for USB to COM port adapters.
- Improved: stability of the monitoring session when processing large data streams.
- Improved: data processing speed.
- Fixed: minor issues of the interface.
- Lots of minor fixes and improvements.
Serial Port Monitor 7.0 [Build 7.0.342]
Released: January 16, 2018
- Added: search on hitting CTRL+F when comparing sessions.
- Added: navigation to the next/previous difference with Alt+↓/Alt+↑ when comparing sessions.
- Improved: Unicode label is now added at the beginning of the file when exporting to Unicode.
- Fixed: incorrect displaying of data in some locales.
- Fixed: rare cases of text not being sent from the terminal window if the text and system locales differ.
- Fixed: crashing on opening some session files.
- Fixed: incorrect exporting of binary data with a null character to raw format.
- Fixed: inability to export data from the command line if specifying the full file path.
- Fixed: joining data from different ports into one packet in Dump view.
- Fixed: inability to apply the ‘Whole word only’ option when searching.
- Fixed: issue with driver loading on systems with ‘Secure Boot’ enabled.
Serial Port Monitor 7.0 [Build 7.0.312]
Released: April 19, 2017
- Added: Modbus protocol (RTU and ASCII) decoding.
- Added: new view for Modbus protocol.
- Added: separate filters for Modbus protocol.
- Added: Windows Server 2016 support.
- Added: monitoring session comparison.
- Added: an ability to reproduce session back to the serial port.
- Added: 64-bit GUI version (the monitoring will not be interrupted when the process occupies too much RAM).
- Added: selection synchronization between the views.
- Added: the “Comments” column for the Table view.
- Added: an ability to toggle filters on and off from the toolbar.
- Added: an ability to create a new file for data redirection when the monitoring is inactive.
- Added: displaying the total read/written data statistics in the status bar between the first and the last highlighted IRPs in the Table view.
- Added: displaying serial port settings changes in the Dump view.
- Added: the option to choose what data is displayed in the Dump view: binary, ASCII, port settings.
- Added: displaying the monitoring session statistics in the status bar, when the session file is opened.
- Added: an ability to apply filters to the specific serial ports.
- Added: displaying data for the Write event in the Table view that application tried to write to the port, apart from actually written data.
- Added: an ability to disable the auto scrolling for the Terminal view.
- Added: the command line option that allows appending data to a file instead of overwriting it.
- Added: a progress bar when saving the monitoring session.
- Improved: the IRPs in the Table view now show the transcript hint from the Line view.
- Improved: “New session” window redesign (all available ports are displayed right away).
- Improved: the main window title now displays which serial ports are being monitored currently.
- Improved: monitoring session files can be opened with the double-click.
- Improved: monitoring session files can be opened by drag-and-dropping them onto the Serial Port Monitor window.
- Improved: the serial ports in the “New session” windows are now sorted by the port number instead of name.
- Improved: the monitoring does not start automatically when the monitoring session file is opened.
- Improved: “Data representation” option will not allow setting more than 100 characters per line now to improve the performance.
- Fixed: memory leak when “Keep last 100 IRP” is enabled (now this option prevents the high memory consumption during the long monitoring).
- Fixed: built-in terminal hanging when the hardware flow control is enabled and the serial port on the other side of the connection is not opened.
- Fixed: incorrect displaying of 0d 0a characters.
- Fixed: hanging when new serial ports appear in the system.
- Fixed: disabling of the Terminal view menu options when it is closed.
- Fixed: applying Capture options when the monitoring process is started.
- Fixed: parsing of the IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_PROPERTIES and IOCTL_SERIAL_LSRMST_INSERT events.
- Fixed: crashing on closing Serial Port Monitor during the opening of large monitoring session files.
- Serial Port Monitor ActiveX installation alongside Serial Port Monitor is no longer allowed.
Serial Port Monitor 6.0 [Build 6.0.235]
Released: July 17, 2015
- Fixed: visualizers selection wouldn’t apply when starting a new session via command line
- Fixed: issue when options set via menu (View – Windows) applied to the wrong view
- Fixed: Send dialog options in Preferences were not applied after saving them
- Fixed: some cases when new events were not captured after monitoring restart
- Fixed: Read/Write data filter in Preferences failed to apply to Terminal view
Serial Port Monitor 6.0 [Build 6.0.215]
Released: February 10, 2015
- Added: possibility to add several ports for monitoring in one session
- Added: requested length value is now displayed in Table and Line views
- Added: possibility to switch between the corresponding input/output packets in Table view (“Pair” context menu option)
- Added: possibility to save layout of all views’ windows
- Added: possibility to skip capture of Device Control events to avoid high memory usage
- Improved: nonpaged memory load was substantially decreased to avoid system hanging
- Improved: port monitoring proceeds even if serial port disappears from the system and then reappears
- Improved: settings at new session creation are preserved now
- Fixed: BSOD during the program uninstallation after erroneous monitoring start
- Fixed: issue when “merge data” option settings were not saved after the program restart
Serial Port Monitor 5.0 [Build 5.0.191] Released: May 27, 2014
- Added: possibility to merge data of the same type if it comes within a given time period in dump view
- Added: data packet size is displayed in table view now
- Added: Ctrl+A hotkey support in dump, line and table views
- Added: name of the application which opened COM port is now specified in line view
- Improved: ‘Clear All’ action now also resets statistics in Status bar, in addition to resetting data in visualizers. Ctrl+Delete hotkey was added for this action as well.
- Improved: session file name is now displayed instead of port name in window title bar when loading session from file, to make concurrent running of several sessions comfortable
- Improved: port parameters and statistics are now reset when starting port monitoring
- Improved: port parameters in Status bar are now reset when loading session from file
- Fixed: issue when meaning of certain fields, including StopBits/Parity, was not specified in line view
- Fixed: issue when description was not displayed for certain requests when loading session from file in line view
- Fixed: issue when new parity value set in send dialog was not applied in case the port was not open
- Fixed: issue when wrong port parameters were displayed in Status bar in case setting of new values failed
- Fixed: error during automatic check for updates at program start if there was no Internet connection
- Fixed: issue when failed requests were not displayed in line view
- Fixed: high CPU load if port was closed during file sending
- Fixed: issue when file dialog was invoked if file sending was canceled
- Fixed: issue when port name was not displayed in window title bar when entering full-screen mode in one of the views
Serial Port Monitor 5.0 [Build 5.0.125]
Released: August 20, 2013
- Added: command-line options to configure data redirection at new session start or opening an existing one
- Added: redirected file can be either split into a bunch of files or can be limited to user-defined size
- Added: possibility to export raw data to a file in Terminal view
- Added: Status Bar progress notifications for some operations, like open file or apply filters
- Added: Alt+
hotkeys to “New Session” wizard
- Added: Find option is available in Table view as well now
- Added: time mark for each IRP in Dump view; read/write successive events are not combined into a single event any more
- Added: automatic check for updates
- Greatly improved: events monitoring speed
- Improved: redirect and export engines were fully rewritten
- Improved: the GUI was sped up and memory consumption reduced for Table, Line and Dump views
- Improved: large .spm session files are now processed much quicker, consuming less CPU
- Fixed: search is based on the current selection now, even if the selection changed during the process
- Fixed: issue with search textbox not being in focus in Find dialog
- Fixed: illogical Tab key behavior in “New Session” wizard
- Fixed: applying wrong interval at start of command looping
- Fixed: Find option works in “up” direction as well now
- Fixed: export errors for certain events in Line view
- Fixed: cases of erroneous data export in Dump view
- Fixed: wrong end-of-line export in Terminal view
- Update: Windows 2000 is not supported anymore
Serial Port Monitor 4.0 [Build 22.214.171.1243]
Released: October 12, 2010
- Added: Windows 7 and Windows Server 2008 support
- Fixed: issue on Windows 7 with starting monitoring serial port, which is already opened
- Fixed: captured data mismatch if compared in Dump and Line views
- More stable and bug-free monitoring of large data streams transmitted through serial ports
Serial Port Monitor 4.0 [Build 126.96.36.1991]
Released: February 12, 2008
- Added: internal driver is launched automatically and administrator rights are not required to start monitoring serial ports now
- Added: ability to input any baudrate in Send dialog
- Improved: overall application stability while using multiple-processor systems
- Improved: stability with enabled DEP in Windows Vista
- Fixed: several issues with signed drivers in Windows 64-bit editions
- Fixed: minor bug in Preferences dialog
- Plenty of internal bugs and glitches fixed
Serial Port Monitor 4.0 [Build 188.8.131.524]
Released: March 13, 2007
- Serial Port Monitor is completely compatible with Windows Vista
- Now you can send files and automatically loop commands execution by sending directly from the new completely refreshed Send dialog
- Added: aliases – pre-defined sequence of commands assigned to a short name for faster execution
- Added: ability to automatically add data before and after packets to be transmitted
- Table View log can be exported and redirected to file in CSV(Comma Separated Values) file format
- Refreshed, polished and more flexible user interface
- Serial Port Monitor and all of its internal drivers are now digitally signed
- Major monitoring driver modifications
- Improved: overall application’s stability and speed
- Software licensing policy has changed: Standard and Professional editions of Serial Port Monitor have been introduced
- Plenty of internal bugs and glitches fixed
Serial Port Monitor 3.0 [Build 184.108.40.206]
Released: November 29, 2006
- Several fixed that refer to data view when receiving data of 0 length
- We improved automatic drivers installation in both: 32 and 64-bit environments
- Some critical minor enhancements
- Some speed issues resolved
Serial Port Monitor 3.0 [Build 220.127.116.11]
Released: August 8, 2006
- Improved: overall application’s stability and speed
- Improved: several interface enhancements
- Fixed: memory leaks due to incorrect events handing
- Fixed: monitoring session closing/saving issues
Serial Port Monitor 3.0 [Build 18.104.22.168]
Released: August 4, 2006
- Improved: overall application’s stability and speed
- Fixed: BSOD when closing monitored port
- Fixed: several minor bugs
Serial Port Monitor 3.0 [Build 22.214.171.124]
Released: June 22, 2006
- Fixed: All pointers in a code are correctly closed
Serial Port Monitor 3.0 [Build 126.96.36.199]
Released: February 8, 2006
- Fixed: Minor issues in Dump view are fixed
Serial Port Monitor 3.0 [Build 188.8.131.52]
Released: February 2, 2006
- Added: Ability to monitor serial ports currently opened by other applications
- Added: More detailed information for IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_HANDFLOW, IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_HANDFLOW, IOCTL_SERIAL_SET_WAIT_MASK, IOCTL_SERIAL_GET_WAIT_MASK, IOCTL_SERIAL_WAIT_ON_MASK in the Line View
- Improved: Terminal panel is now known as Send dialog
- Improved: Send dialog allows to send strings, binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal and mixed (hex plus strings)data
- Added: New tab in Preferences dialog
- Fixed: Several minor bugs
Serial Port Monitor 2.1 [Build 184.108.40.206]
Released: December 15, 2005
- Fixed: Carriage Return character (/r) issue in Terminal View
Serial Port Monitor 2.1 [Build 220.127.116.11]
Released: November 23, 2005
- Fixed: Line view log clearance issues
Serial Port Monitor 2.1 [Build 18.104.22.168]
Released: October 5, 2005
- PnP requests to remove serial port device management are fixed
Serial Port Monitor 2.1 [Build 22.214.171.124]
Released: August 31, 2005
- Serial Port Monitor now is compatible with 64-bit Windows OS
Serial Port Monitor 2.0 [Build 126.96.36.199]
Released: July 22, 2005
- Fixed a bug in Dump view representation
- Minor bug in Export Dump view is fixed
Serial Port Monitor 2.0 [Build 188.8.131.52]
Released: July 19, 2005
- Added functionality to Dump view. Now it shows what file has opened or closed serial port
- Fixed minor bugs in a driver
- Improved program interface and performance
Serial Port Monitor 2.0 [Build 184.108.40.206]
Released: July 6, 2005
- Added ability to monitor two or more ports simultaneously
- Added ability to select different numeration system data representation (binary, octal, decimal, hexadecimal) and string length.
- Advanced timestamp monitoring (date and time, time only, interval from session start, interval between events)
- Improved status bar. Added IRP, read/write databits counters, bitrate/handflow/parity/datalenght indicators
- Added ability to set how long IRP would be stored
- Added ability to select/deselect Table view columns
- Improved Terminal view
- Fixed some bugs in a driver working in HyperThreading mode
- Interface bugs fixed
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 220.127.116.11]
Released: March 4, 2005
- HyperThreading issues stabilized
- Sessions saving/loading enhanced
- Views refresh and scrolling enhanced
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 18.104.22.168]
Released: February 8, 2005
- Grammar corrected in some texts
- Terminal now works in read-only mode and you will see characters only when port is open and Echo is on, vertical scroll added
- The monitored port is now default in Terminal
- “Clear filter” fixed
- The number of days left in a trial version is now visible
- Autoscrolling and line wrapping in Terminal
- CTRL+P keyboard shortcut duplication fixed
- *.SPM files can now be opened directly with Serial Port Monitor
- Redirection of the view into file doesn’t lead to crash
- Automatic scrolling in views
- No more “Cannot load sniff driver” message
- Double launch fixed
- Interface refurbished under Windows 2000
- HyperThreading compatibility enhanced
- Monitoring while sending files more than 1 Kb does not lead to crash.
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 22.214.171.124]
Released: January 21, 2005
- New session dialog enhanced
- Session files opening fixed
- Several post-release additions
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 126.96.36.199]
Released: January 20, 2005
- Reversed registration name trouble fixed
- Some internal descriptions corrected
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 188.8.131.52]
Released: January 14, 2005
- Compatibility with Windows 2000 Server/Pro fixed
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 184.108.40.206]
Released: January 13, 2005
- Bug with monitoring restart fixed
- Some minor interface enhancements
Serial Port Monitor 1.2 [Build 220.127.116.11]
Released: January 12, 2005
- Monitoring Session (*.spm) format added
- Several auto-scrolling enhancements
- CTRL+ENTER hotkey added within the terminal module
- New “Redirect to file” feature
- Some stabilizations and minor fixes
Serial Port Monitor 1.0 [Build 18.104.22.168]
Released: January 4, 2005
- First official release