Advanced Serial Port Terminal is session-based, multi-purpose application that provides simple communication interface to connect to any serial port device (modem/fax/GPS/mouse/printer and so on).
If you want to connect to remote computer using null-modem cable or LAN, send/receive various types of data (ASCII string, binary, octal and hexadecimal) to the remote end, redirect input/output data streams into the specified file, troubleshoot and test modem settings… Look no further! Advanced Serial Port Terminal is just for you.
Advanced Serial Port Terminal allows you to open as many serial ports as you like (including virtual serial ports); dynamically change serial port settings without necessity to close and reopen the current port; adjust baudrate, databits, parity, stop bits, flow control parameters; save all received bytes into a file for later analysis and lots more.
Being session-based application, Advanced Serial Port Terminal allows creating options sets and saving them under individual session names for different hosts.
You can also receive and view data in hexadecimal format, switch between dump, terminal and VT100 emulation view modes, etc, which could be very useful for debugging and testing serial port connections.
Eltima Software offers a 14-day try-before-you-buy demo license to evaluate Advanced Serial Port Terminal.
- open any number of serial ports simultaneously
- dynamically change communication port parameters without port reopening
- view incoming/outgoing data in hexadecimal format
- switch between terminal and dump view modes
- send data chunks in different formats (ASCII/ANSI string, binary, octal and hexadecimal)
- redirect incoming data stream into a text file
- save configuration parameters for further usage
- connect to remote computer using null-modem cable
- connect to remote host via TCP/IP protocol
- connect to any number of serial port devices (including virtual ones)
- VT100 terminal emulation is supported
- send ASCII file to remote end
- send/receive files using X-modem protocol
Platforms Advanced Serial Port Terminal is compatible with:
- Windows 2000
- Windows 2003
- Windows XP
- Windows Vista
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows 7
- All 64-bit platforms