Nowadays COM ports are still frequently used in many areas: in legacy applications (such as industrial automation systems), shop till systems, etc. But using devices or software requiring serial connection, you can face such a problem that you don’t have any free serial ports left.
Serial Splitter comes to aid, creating virtual serial ports, which appear in the system like “standard” hardware ones. Now you can work easily with a device requiring COM port connection (GPS device, printer, scanner or some other peripheral) from several serial port applications simultaneously.
Serial Splitter combines three Eltima products – Serial Splitter, Shared Serial Ports and COM Port Redirector. It’s a great chance for those who want to use different scenarios of port bundles creation and set custom port parameters. Serial Splitter provides you with advanced possibilities to manage real and virtual ports up to your demands:
- With Serial Splitter you can split one real port into several virtual ones. Thus data coming into the split real port will be sent to each of the out-side virtual ports, and vice versa.
- Another great feature of Serial Splitter is joining several real ports into one virtual. With this option everything sent to any real port in a bundle (joined port) will be duplicated to the virtual one (joining port), and vice versa.
- You can also choose our product if you want to redirect all serial traffic from any real port to another port (real or virtual).
- Moreover, Serial Splitter allows you to share one real serial port between several applications in a way that all applications will receive same data from one serial port simultaneously. It is achieved by creating virtual serial ports, which are same copies of real ones. Each application will think that it is working with a serial port in exclusive mode. Each of them will be able also to send data to a real serial port. You may grant access rights to the particular application and specify serial port connection parameters (baudrate, databits, etc).
- Besides, for your most productive work, all those amazing options mentioned above are combined in Serial Splitter’s unique complex bundles approach. It lets you create multiple serial ports at both sides of a bundle, with data redirected from several incoming ports to several outgoing ports. Both sides of a bundle can have virtual serial ports, real serial ports and shared ports installed. Using the technology of setting main ports at both sides of a bundle, you will be able to easily manage hardware control lines.
- Serial Splitter also lets you join several real ports into one virtual for their further automatic switching. This enables applications (connected to joining port) to get access to devices, connected to real joined ports. Several applications can open a virtual port at a time and connect to the device which is free at the moment among several identical devices.
Serial Splitter can be used to:
- split real port into several virtual ones
- join several serial ports into one virtual
- redirect dataflows from real ports to real or virtual ports
- share one real serial port between several applications
- organize complex bundles with multiple ports at both sides
- join several real ports into one virtual for their further automatic switching
Serial Splitter main features:
- Unique all-in-one functionality: split, join serial ports, redirect data
- Share one real port among multiple applications
- Create advanced ports bundles – combinations of real and virtual serial ports
- Create as many virtual serial ports as you need
- Full emulation of hardware control lines
- Ports bundles are automatically configured every time you boot your PC, so you don’t have to recreate them again
- Serial ports are created and re-configured in real-time
- Full support of wide range of GPS devices and software
- Fully compatible with HyperThreaded and multi-processor systems
- Bidirectional data transfer
- High speed data exchange from/to virtual serial port
- Full baudrate and flow control support
- Hot installation without need to reboot
- Customize real serial port connection parameters (baudrate, parity, flow-control, databits and stopbits)
- Possibility to control serial ports directly from your own app by executing dll functions. 64-bit applications are supported as well – OEM
- Sample application code is provided for the major development environments – OEM
- Fully compatible with Windows 2000/XP/2003/2008, Windows Vista, Windows 7, all 64-bit platforms